Wednesday 11 July 2012

The Day Ended Without Them - Moleskine Art

My parents hadn't heard of child centred nurturing when I was a child. In their world children fell in with the adults and not the other way round. I felt helpless, frustrated and unheard. I didn't want much, just to be able to choose my own clothes would have been a nice crumb to throw towards me. In my head adults took on the features and powers of Gods. They wrote the law, drew up the plans and told us what our needs were. It never occurred to them to consult, ask for feedback or show a little sensitivity to our developing personalities. I did what I could to thwart them, but it was more a little series of irritants than a major spanner in their works, but it made me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...