Friday 8 July 2011

Moleskine update



While I am working, I like to have noise in the background, so I often have the TV feeding constant information. These pages coincided with the very public trial of a Miss Casey Anthony for the murder of her 2 year old daughter. I got very caught up in the details of the trial and it seemed obvious to me that Casey was guilty. So the verdict was a huge shock. The whole infanticide, mother/ child dynamic is such a primal, complex one, that I felt compelled to try and work out my feelings. I had to try and separate my feelings of loathing for a complete stranger, from her alleged actions. As far as I can see the prosecution proved their case, but the jury saw differently. It is strange how fathers killing their children no longer even registers on the public conscience anymore, but a mother disposing of a child she brought into the world just takes us to another level of evil. This is a theme I'm sure will stay with me for a while yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...