Friday, 1 April 2011

A new moleskine March 2011


So much of my work reaches back to my childhood, I feel a great need to give a voice to my 5 year old self. At the age of five I was a master at reading people and behaving in a way that would save me from trouble. My antennas were on constant alert, it was exhausting, but it was a survival mechanism. As an adult I am free to say whatever I want but why then do I still feel afraid?

I used to fantasize as a child about having superpowers, I was convinced there was a way to acquire them, all I had to do was wait for a sign. It is obvious now that these fantasies stemmed from a deep sense of powerlessness and frustration. Ok, enough with the amateur psychiatry, the less said the better.
I am posting a couple of pages from my new sketchbook. There is not much to say as they are pretty clear.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...