Monday 28 May 2012

Moleskine Art - The Garden Of Earthly Horrors

Between the ages of 4 and 6 I lived in Baghdad, Iraq. One of the highlights of summertime was the bug lorry. A huge tanker that sprayed out a white mist of insecticide to keep the mosquitoes in check. We'd run out into the mist delighted by it's magical opacity, being blissfully ignorant of what the hell the chemicals were doing to our fragile bodies. On one occasion, the lorry arrived just as I was being bathed at bedtime, my mother shooed me out completely naked to enjoy the white mist. I was met by a barrage of laughter and pointing from both adults and children. That was the last time I went out to meet the damn thing, I still blush at the memory.

2 comments:

  1. What a chilling story! Beautiful images to illustrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, and I'd love to hear more stories.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...